Time Travel is a feature available on the MC Badlands. It was first introduced during the Neo Badlands era when saved map files were discovered. Through the use of "Blue and Black wool technology," players with the appropriate permissions are allowed to revisit past maps for nostalgic and historical purposes, though modification of the world is not permitted due to "Badlands Temporal Laws." The feature was originally introduced on May 28, 2012 in a forum post. Access to time travel was originally granted to those who purchased the Time Travel VIP Package, though this package was later eliminated and added onto VIP . Currently, VIP Iron+ as well as Senior Citizens and staff members are allowed into the time travel portals.
Time Travel was originally introduced during the Neo Badlands. During this time, the portals were located on individual island clouds next to the staff listings. Originally there were three portals to the previous two maps, but later on, two more portals to a map preceding all of the Badlands was added.
Time Travel carried over to the Retro Badlands. The concept remained largely the same, and had the same portals available, witht the exception of the new portal added to take players back to the Neo Badlands. The portals are located at Time Travel Plaza at spawn.
As of the Retro Badlands, there have been seven portals available. These are:
- A portal to March 30, 2011 - Docithe's original map.
- A portal to November 27, 2011 - The Old Badlands. Referenced as the "Time when Spawn City was the capital of the Badlands.
- A portal to January 2, 2012 - The New Badlands. This portal was not carried over to the Retro Badlands Time Travel Plaza.
- A portal to March 24, 2013 - The end of the New Badlands.
- A portal to March 3, 2013 - The end of the Neo Badlands
- A portal to Ancient History - A location visited during Retro: The Badlands Feature Film.